Monday, July 14, 2014

Refashioned Dress

So here is the before photo.....ewwwww.  This dress is a size small...really?  It was very baggy, much too long and the sleeves, well let's just say a sad fashion decision.
 First thing is to hack off those sleeves!  Buh-bye!!
Next whack off that length.  Then I took in the sides and I also took in the princess seams a bit.  It was still not fitting well at the top, it was much too low, so I sewed the shoulder seams up a bit.  Then I took red bias binding and stitched it to the armholes and neck line to jazz it up.  Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of me wearing it yet.  I'll get the DH to take one later because it is a sweet little summer dress now!  I purchased this dress at a thrift store for 50 cents.  I already had the bias tape so this little number was cheap!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment