Sunday, September 30, 2012

Great Lutterloh Find!


I found this little gem at Goodwill and I was unsure about getting it at first because I wasn't sure what it was.  But for $3.99, I decided, aw...what the heck.  Then when I got home I stalked the internet and found out how to use the Lutterloh system and saw a lot of cute clothes made with it.  This isn't the "to die for" early set (like from the 40's or 50's), it is from the 80's.  But is has some cute and timeless patterns in amongst the less than desirable 80's fashion.  I like the round neck dress and the cute tie blouse.  I think the blouse will be my first attempt at making a pattern with this system.

5 comments:

  1. Lutterloh is a great system and has been around since 1935. I found a notebook set of patterns from 1983 for $2. For your $5 it looks like you got the entire system. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait 'til I have some time to make the tie blouse! Have you made anything with yours?

      Delete
  2. I had good intentions, but life got in the way. You did get a great deal. Have you checked the selling amounts on ebay? They are ridiculous and most of the sellers don't even know what it is that they have. LOL. Did you make the tie blouse yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to draw out the pattern per instructions but it wasn't jiving. I don't know what I am doing wrong! I am going to try a different pattern and see if it draws out better.

      Delete
  3. Don't give up. They've been around since 1935 which is telling right there. Some hints: copy the pattern (I do about 120 %), but you don't have to but it preserves the originals; tape this to your drafting sheet; put a tiny piece of tape over the crosshairs (this way neither the pattern nor the pin will move); with the pin in the crosshairs, hold the pin and line up the tape; then when you need a "third hand", let go of the pin but make certain the tape doesn't move, then continue with the tape till you mark the dot; always mark the dots using the same side of the tape, no matter what direction the tape has been turned as you go around for the pattern.

    There are some good hints on the Lutterloh thread at PR. Here is a site with tons of help. Be certain to read the comments also as they contain a lot of info. Hope all of this helps you. :)

    http://sewingnhumming.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete