This blog is for sewing, baking, cooking, gardening, crocheting, decorating, and other crafty pursuits.
Friday, June 22, 2012
New Apron 50's style
I made this apron for a bridal shower along with some other things (posts to follow). I cut a 21" x 45" piece of fabric and hemmed the sides and the bottom. Then I used a ruffler set on 6 for the waist. I cut a contrasting piece of frabric 4" x 2 yards. I folded over the long ends and pinned that to the waist continuing the pinning for the ties and sewed close to the edges. I cut a 6" square out of two pieces of contrasting fabric and sewed the wrong sides together leaving an opening and turning right side out. Then I folded down the top of the pocket and ironed in place. I added some ric-rac for trim and a button with a rossette made from ruffling a piece of the blue fabric. I then sewed the pocket onto the apron. Finally, I sewed ric-rac to just the apron waist, stopping at the tie area. I sewed on all the ric-rac by hand, I think it looks nicer that way.